Friday, June 6, 2008

PJ's "Song that makes you go Yeah" Meme

PJ has a stay-at-home meme, the “post a few lines from a song that makes you go yeah” meme. Pray ‘em if you got ‘em for her – she has a birthday party full of seven-year olds and a visit from in-laws in the near future, and an article that’s not been going well.

My 22-year old niece was here today, helping me out with a big stack of clothes that needed sorting through. Basically, this meant I tried things on and she watched YouTube videos and was the talking mirror – yes, keep that; no, that doesn’t do anything for you; no, you must never, ever wear that colour; that’ll work again if we take in the side seams …

She left this video up when she left and I just love it. So I watched it three times, and found the lyrics via Google. Here’s the lyrics:

That life is too short to be unhappy
And since I know what I'm worth there'll be no settling for dirt
Not when what I deserve is gold
If I want diamonds then I can't settle for coal and

Maybe I was just too strong to let go
Maybe I was just too weak to let it show
Maybe I was just too stubborn to say "No"
But whatever the case I can't take it no more

And here’s the video. If anyone had ever told me I’d be posting a video by Fatboy Slim, I’da said, “Who’s Fatboy Slim?” But, VIOLA!!! The video’s really great – pretty girl; happy things going on. Enjoy!



6 comments:

Jan said...

Thanks for the intro to Fatboy Slim!

Unknown said...

Oh yeah!!!

Kate Morningstar said...

Jan -- when I was looking at the related videos on YouTube there was one called "Praise You" -- I remember seeing it whenever it was big on the music video channel. My son used to watch it.

Glad you liked it, Clumber! I liked the lyrics and the pretty girl dancing through the fields in the video -- made me wish I knew how to do that.

Unknown said...

Well, the secret (and I will admit that I don't have it) is too be a child again. Ask a 3 year old, can you sing? and they will say YES! Ask them, can you dance? YES! You need to find a field without watchers and just dance. However it comes out will be fine. I know, easier said than done!

pj said...

Hey, thanks for the shout-out! And thanks for the prayers. Hee. The party's not till the end of the month. It will be okay.

Fatboy Slim is one of those artists that I love to hear on the radio, but never think about going out and getting his stuff. This is cool!

Kate Morningstar said...

PJ -- I think this is such a HAPPY video -- and the song is all about getting free and being who we are. How good is that?