Friday, July 11, 2008

The Effects of Cookies on Man-in-the-Moon Marigolds

So many of us women in the blogosphere have been struggling with the way we feel about food, and its effects on our minds and bodies. I’ve read a couple of posts in the last two weeks – Sharecropper and Jan, for sure – whose doctors have told them things they didn’t want to hear, and then there are the comments threads. Food and my weight and resulting health issues have been part of my struggle for the last 40 years.

I’ve been thinking about posting about it for some time. God comes into it. And I’m getting very close to writing that post. In the meantime, I leave you with some expert commentary. I have to say, the first time I heard this was over 20 years ago, and the phrase, “with nooooo- body watching …” rang in me like a gong. That had so often been my pattern – eat for comfort as soon as I was alone and nobody was watching.

Turn the sound up loud!



3 comments:

Doorman-Priest said...

"Eat the snow instead?" Nooooooo!

Kate Morningstar said...

Sometimes you just gotta sacrifice your desires and preferences for the greater good, Jack!

Jan said...

Thanks for the support and fun, Kate.